UK Vehicles insurance

UK Vehicles insurance

You must have car insurance to drive on UK roads.

If you own a car, you are legally required to have car insurance.

Even if you don’t use your car, you should insure it unless your car is officially registered as an off-roader. Here you will find information on how to do this.


GAP policies can be purchased in addition to, but not in place of, your car insurance policy. GAP insurance protects against your car’s value depreciating over time and can help ensure you’ll be able to buy a new car if your car is written off or stolen.

Types of car insurance

There are three main types of car insurance:

  • Third side

 This is the minimum cover required by UK law. Covers the costs you incur as a result of injuries you cause to other people and damage to their vehicles


Fire and third-party theft

 Basic third party cover with additional protection against damage, theft or destruction of your vehicle in the event of fire


 involved in

  •  This is the highest level of cover available. Protect:
  • For injuries to other people and damage to their cars
  • Your vehicle has been damaged, stolen or destroyed by fire
  • Medical expenses and consequential damages
  • Regarding the damage or theft of the contents of the vehicle

Liability insurance policies do not cover costs incurred as a result of damage to your car – you need comprehensive car insurance.

In addition to the level of insurance, if you use the car for work, you should ensure that you are insured for ‘business use’.

If you are carrying fare-paying passengers, you should ensure that you have the appropriate level of ‘hire and reward’ insurance.

If you are unsure of the level of coverage you need to operate your vehicle, we recommend that you contact your insurance company or broker directly to verify. Not having the right level of cover can void your policy.


Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles