How to Reset Laptop Dell
For users, it is not much hectic to reset laptop dell. Depending on the type of Windows operating system installed on your PC, this process may require several keystrokes and restarts. There’s no need to use a boot disc or create any unusual configurations. The procedure is so simple that even a novice can reset the laptop dell to factory settings.
Step-by-step process to reset laptop dell
Check the operating system installed to reset laptop dell. The procedure for restoring factory settings varies slightly depending on the operating system.
Back up your computer. If you restore your Dell laptop or desktop to factory settings, all files will be lost. This includes music, photos, videos, emails, address books, bookmarks, and anything else that was not on the computer at the time of purchase.
Make sure you have most of the software on the CD-ROM. If you have installed programs on your Dell computer, you will need the original disks for those programs. If not, find out where you can download the original programs. All programs will be uninstalled if you reset laptop dell to factory settings.
Disconnect all devices connected to your computer, such as printers and scanners. Disconnect the docking station if you’re using a laptop with one.
- Restore the Dell system to Windows XP.
- Shut down and restart the computer. When the BIOS screen appears, concurrently press the ‘Ctrl’ and ‘F11′ keys.
- In the ‘Restore Dell PC by Symantec’ window, select ‘Restore’ and press ‘Enter.’
- Select ‘Confirm’ when the warning notice “All data will be lost if you continue” displays. Will start the recovery process, which usually takes about 10 minutes. A notice will show once the operation is complete, indicating that the system has successfully reset.
- Select “Finish” to complete the process and reboot the system.
- Reset laptop dell to Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- After switching off the computer, restart it: press the “F8” key to access the “Advanced Boot Options” menu. Press the key until the Windows window appears.
- Click on the “Reset Computer” option. Select your preferred language and press “Next.” Log in as an administrator. You won’t be able to restore the system unless you have administrator permissions.
- Select “Restore Dell factory image” and press “Next.”
- Check the “Yes, reconfigure the hard drive and restore the system software to factory settings” box and click “Next.”
- Click “enter” to complete the process. This will restart the computer.
Does restoring factory settings erase all data?
Restoring an Android device to factory settings deletes all data on the device. This is analogous to formatting a hard disc on a computer, which destroys all connections to the data and causes the computer to lose track of where it is stored.
On Windows 7, how do I restore my Dell computer to factory defaults?
An alternative version is as follows.
- turning off the laptop
- Turn on the laptop.
- If the screen goes black, press the F10 and ALT keys repeatedly until the computer shuts down
- To repair the computer, select the second option that appears.
- When the next screen appears, select “Restore Device”.
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory defaults on Windows 8?
- Reset the system from My Dell – Windows 8 in 99 seconds.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the F8 key one instant before the Dell logo displays to enter the Advanced Boot Options screen when restarting the machine.
- Press Enter after selecting Computer Recovery using the arrow keys.
How do you reset Dell laptop if I don’t have recovery media?
On the keyboard, hold down the Shift key and click the on-screen power button. Click Restart while holding down the Shift key.
How to reset a dell laptop password?
If this is the operating system password, you need to restore the factory settings or reinstall the operating system.
How to reset the dell laptop bios password?
You cannot recover the BIOS password. If you forget the BIOS password, you can conduct a CMOS or NVRAM reset to return the BIOS to factory settings and delete the BIOS password.
- Unplug the power cord and switch off the computer.
- On the motherboard, look for the password reset jumper (PSWD).
- Disconnect the password jumper terminals from the jumper plug.
- Turn on the power and reset the password after removing the jumper.
Wait for the desktop to boot up, then turn off the computer and return the jumper to its original position.