How to Delete an Instagram Account with Easy Way
Are you considering deleting your Instagram account? If so, you’re not alone. A growing number of people are fed up with the social media platform and are ready to move on. In this article, we’ll show you how to delete an Instagram account permanently. We’ll also discuss the consequences of deleting your account and how to save your data before doing so. It’s actually quite easy – we’ll show you how in just a few simple steps.
Deactivating vs Deleting: What You Need to Know
When it comes to deleting your Instagram account, there are two things you need to know: deactivating is temporary, and deleting is permanent.
Deactivating your account means it will be hidden from other users, but it can be reactivated at any time.
Deleting Your Account means your photos, videos, followers, and all other account data will be gone forever. After 30 days, your account and information will be completely deleted.
So, which one should you choose? If you’re not sure, deactivation might be the best option. That way, if you change your mind, you can always reactivate your account and pick up where you left off.
How to Temporarily disable Instagram Account
If you want to Temporarily disable your Instagram account, you can do so by visiting the website on a computer.
- Click the “Edit Profile” link, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Under “Account”, select “Temporarily Deactivate Your Account”.
- Select Why are you deactivating your account and Enter your password,
- Click “Temporarily deactivating Account”. If you don’t have access to your username or password, you can’t disable your account.
Save Your Instagram Data before Deleting Your Account
If you’re thinking of deleting your Instagram account, you should first save your data. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Privacy and security.
- Tap Request Download.
You’ll receive an email from Instagram with a link to download your data. The file will include your photos, videos, profile information, and comments. Keep in mind that it may take a few hours for the file to be ready.
Now that you have your data saved.
How to delete Instagram account on iPhone?
You can delete an Instagram account by following these steps:
- Click on menu icon
- Then click settings icon
- Click Account
- Scroll down and click Delete Account
- Then you will have two options “Deactivate Account” and “Delete Account” select delete account.
- Finally Click Continue Deleting account.
How to delete Instagram account on android
- Click on menu icon
- Then click settings
- Click Help option
- Tap Help Center Option
- Then Search Delete Account on search bar
- Select How do I delete my Instagram account
- Scroll down and tap delete account under in To request the permanent deletion of your account.
If you don’t find the delete option so don’t worry click the delete Instagram account link.
And that’s it! Your Instagram account will now be permanently deleted. If you change your mind, you’ll need to create a new account from scratch.
Delete Instagram account permanently from the Web
If you want to delete your Instagram account follow this steps:
- Click this link
- Select the option under in drop-down menu “Why do you want to delete your account name?”
- Enter your account password.
- Click Button Delete Account.
Forgotten Your Password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Did tap forget your password? on the login screen.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with your account and tap Next.
- Follow the instructions in the email or text message to reset your password.
Once you have reset your password, you will be able to log in and reactivate your account.
If you can’t remember your email address or phone number, you can tap Need more help? on the login screen and follow the instructions.
There could be a few reasons why your Instagram account is not reactivating. One reason might be that you have violated Instagram’s terms of service. Another reason might be that your account was deleted by Instagram for a violation of their policy.
You should wait at least 48 hours before reactivating your Instagram account.
There is no definite answer, as it largely depends on your reason for deactivating the account. If you simply want to take a break from Instagram, then your followers will likely stay with you. However, if you decide to permanently delete the account, then most of your followers are likely to lose interest and disappear.